Unstuffed cabbage rolls … super simple in the slow cooker
Submitted by Debbie Cunningham
Unstuffed cabbage rolls
Unstuffed cabbage rolls ... super simple in the slow cooker
- 1kg lean mince beef
- 1 large onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tin tomato soup
- ½ tin water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (i do 2 big squirts)
- 3 tins diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons mixed herbs
- ½ bunch parsley (as much as you want)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (i used brown but can use either)
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 cabbage chopped (approx. 8 cups)
- Brown meat, onion, mixed herbs and garlic and drain any fat
- In seperate bowl add tomato soup, canned tomatoes,tomato paste, water, parsley, rice and browned meat and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly saute cabbage and olive oil.
- Remove ½ cabbage from the pan
- Spread remaining across base of slow cooker
- Top with half of the beef/rice mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with beef/rice.
- Cook on high for just over 2hrs
- Cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker
- I bulked mine out with extra vegetables as I am freezing the bulk for lunches / dinners
- In the mince / rice mixture I added 1 large carrot grated and ½ bunch spinach
- In with the cabbage I added ½ cauliflower
- You could add whatever additional vegetables you like
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!