Submitted by Sandra Rielly
- 500g turkey mince
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (you can use Gluten Free breadcrumbs to make this Gluten Free)
- 1/2 a finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
- To make the sauce you need 1and 1/2 onions finely chopped
- and a can of tomatoes.
- I added a little tomato paste as well for extra flavour
- You also need a good handful of grated cheese to finish the dish off
- Put the 500g of turkey mince, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/2 finely chopped onion, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, and the beaten egg into a large bowl.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll into small balls and put these into the base of the slow cooker and cook for 1.5 hours on high.
- Turn the meatballs over carefully with tongs to make sure they will cook evenly.
- Then add the rest of the finely chopped onion and can of tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours
- Finally, add a handful of grated cheese over the top and cook for another 1/2 hour or until the meatballs are cooked and the cheese is golden.
- I served them with rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think