Submitted by Robyn Clark
Tomato Soup Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 cups SR. flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tin tomato soup
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one and a time and beat well.
- Dissolve the bicarb in the tomato soup , let it sit while you mix the other ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and then then mix in the soup and bicarb mixture.
- Add a handful of chopped walnuts( optional)
- Cook in a loaf tin raised on two egg rings , no water , tea towel under the lid approx. 2 hours on high. Check after 1 1/5 hours as it depends on your SC.
- ICING... Beat a block of cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and then beat in icing sugar until required consistency .
- Robyn Clark
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think