Submitted by Trinity Simmons
Tomato sausage casserole
- 16 sausages
- 5 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 parsnips peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 small potatoes peeled and chopped into thirds or quarters
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes with mixed herbs
- 1 tin condensed tomato soup
- 1 packet French onion soup mix dry
- 1-2 tablespoons mint sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 heaped teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 good pinches sugar
- 1/4 tin water I used the mixed herbs tin
- Place sausages in the slow cooker.
- Put in the carrots, parsnips , potatoes and onions.
- In a separate bowl put crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, French onion soup mix, mint sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and sugar and stir together and pour over the top.
- Get 1/4 tin of water and pour over the top and stir through everything.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Cooked in a 6L slow cooker
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!