Submitted by Kylie
- 2kg Tomato
- 1kg Onion
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 1 Long red chilli
- 2 cup of Brown sugar
- 2 cups of Brown vinegar
- 2 tbs of Plain flour
- 1 tbs of Curry powder
- 1 tbs of Mustard powder
- Cracked pepper
- Dice tomato, onion and chilli, cover with salt and let stand at room temperature for 24 hrs.
- Drain liquid from tomato,onion and chilli, discard liquid and pour remainderinto slow cooker and add 1 cup of vinegar and cracked pepper, cook on low for 1 hr.
- Add 1 cup of sugar, stir. Add combined remaining vinegar, flour, curry and mustard, stir. Add remaining sugar, stir. Cook on low for 9 hrs, you may stir every 3 hrs.
- While still hot pour into hot sterilised jars. Once cooled completely store in pantry, once opened store on fridge.
- Hint 1 - use a plastic spoon or spatula when stirring.
- Hint 2 - lid on the entire time, no tea towel.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think