Submitted by Renae Mccallum
The best ever curried sausages!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 sausages of your choice
- 1 large brown onion sliced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 tsp curry powder (or more or less to personal taste)
- ½ cup chicken or beef stock - once again personal preference, I've used both and either is just as good as the other
- 1 cup water
- Some frozen peas
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown your sausages - not necessary just my personal preference - then slice to your desired size and place in slowcooker
- Add the onion and carrot raw
- Cover the sausages with the stock and water and then mix the cornflour, curry powder and the extra 2 tablespoons of water together in a small cup.(a.k.a cornflour slurry)
- Add the cornflour mixture to the s.c and mix well
- Cook for 3hrs on high - 6hrs on low
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- I always only ever add my frozen peas just before serving. They retain their colour and texture and the heat in the bowl cooks them almost instantly.
- We like ours with mash potato, and this is seriously the best ever curried sausages! With A nice glossy sauce for your spuds to soak up
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!