Submitted by kirsten
Thai Red Beef Curry
- 500g casserole beef or chuck steak.
- 4 tablespoons ayam red curry paste.
- 1 tin 290ml coconut milk/cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- veggies of choice
- Turn slow cooker on
- Put 4 tablespoons on curry paste in slow cooker when you can smell the aroma of the curry place your meat in and stir so it is covered add 1/2 cup of water, teaspoon of sugar and if using potatoes add them now too.
- cook for 6hrs low (time may vary if you choose to pre brown first and depending on your slow cooker)
- add extra veggies and coconut milk/cream 30minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
6 thoughts on “Thai Red Beef Curry”
I made this, cooking time was faster than 6 hours,so many flavours,I microwaved vegetables and added them last,squeezed fresh lime over the curry and served with rice.Will definately be on my best list.
I have this version cooking now but also tried it a few days ago with the Ayam green curry paste and chicken instead of beef… It is the easiest and most delicious meal to cook up on a Sunday for lazy lunches and dinners for the week (I doubled everything and had it with rice so it made about 10 containers).
This recipe is delish! I wanted an easy curry for dinner which tasted like Thai takeaway and wasn’t disappointed. I added carrots and potatoes when I put the beef on, cooked for about 5 hours on low and added in beans and carrots when I added the cream. I also added a splash of fish sauce and thought I might add a tablespoon of peanut paste to make it a Penang beef curry! Will make again! Thank you
This is a family favourite & so very easy!
This is a family favourite, so yummy & so easy!
This recipe is so easy, I served it with rice and also added broccoli when the coconut cream went in. Next time will also add carrots just for more veg, as well as another scoop of the curry paste.