Finger licking good slow cooked ribs … spicy and non spicy version to suit everyone’s tastes 🙂
Submitted by Tanya Bushnell
Texan Style Pork Ribs
Finger licking good slow cooked ribs ... spicy and non spicy version to suit everyone's tastes 🙂
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- 2 Tbspns Water
- 2 Tbspns Worchestshire Sauce
- 1/2 Tspn Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tspn Onion Salt
- 2 Tbspns Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbspns Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tbspn Paprika (if you want smokey flavour use Smoked)
- 1/2 Tbspn Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbspn Olive Oil
- 500g Pork Ribs
- Pour oil in to slow cooker and use a pastry brush to wipe it over the bottom and a little up the sides.
- Add all other ingredients EXCEPT RIBS into the slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
- Cook on low for an hour with tea towel under lid.
- Stir every 15mins.
- Put into an uncovered container/bowl to cool in fridge.
- Once cooled (approx 2hrs) grab a large zip lock bag, pour cooled sauce in and then pop ribs (or meat of choice) into bag and marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook I adds ribs to slow cooker on a ball of foil to raise a little from base (keep zip lock bag with remaining marinade to the side) .
- Cook for either 2.5hrs on High or 5hrs on Low.
- Approx half way through cooking pour remaining marinade over ribs and keep cooking for the remainder of cooking time.
- I serve with a side salad or wedges depending on what we feel like ?
- This is just for hubby and I, so for more than 2 people just double the recipe.
- You can store in fridge for about 4-5 days or even freeze for later.
- Omit cayenne pepper for a child friendly non spicy option
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think