Submitted by Sherrie Sutcliffe
Taco Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- ½ tin of creamy chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ - 1 sachet taco seasoning (depending on how strong you want the taste)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 bacon rashers
- ½ red capsicum
- Corn chips
- Lasagna sheets
- Grated cheese, as desired
- Mix these ingredients together in a bowl: chicken, soup, sour cream, taco seasoning, 2/3 of the onion, bacon and most of capsicum.
- Spray slow cooker. Alternatively you can layer the ingredients in another dish to sit inside your slow cooker (place 1-2cm of water in the slow cooker bowl first then gently lower the cooking dish into that water so as not to get any water inside your dish containing the food)
- Add of crushed up corn chips.
- Then layer in 1/3 chicken filling, lasagna sheets, 1/3 chicken filling, lasagna sheets, last 1/3 of chicken filling.
- Then add the grated cheese and last of the corn chips.
- Garnish with onions, tomato and capsicum.
- Cook for 3-4hrs on low with tea towel under the lid
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!