Submitted by Sherrie Sutcliffe
Swiss Cheese Chicken & Salami With A Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 pieces salami
- 4 -6 pieces Swiss cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- Cut 4 slits in each of the 2 chicken breasts.
- Cut salami and Swiss cheese pieces in 1/2.
- Fill slits with 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece of salami.
- Mix all other ingredients together and glaze over to chicken breasts. Keep basting with sauce till cooked.
- I added more cheese sliced at the end for more melted cheese.
- If desired, you can 1st soak chicken in 2 cups milk for 1/2 hour to help keep chicken moist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!