Submitted by Jaime Murphy
- 1 Large pineapple.
- 400gm of pork loin strips or chicken fillet strips.
- 1/4 each sliced red and green capsicum.
- 1/4 sliced Spanish onion.
- 4 T favourite marinade.
- 600gm bacon rashers.
- Favourite BBQ sauce.
- Chop off the top of the pineapple and hollow it out. Shave off the spines on the outside, taking care to leave a 1.5cm wall intact on all sides.
- Mix the marinade, meat, capsicum, and onion and use to stuff the cavity of the pineapple.
- Put the top back on and secure with skewers.
- Make a bacon weave and wrap it around the pineapple tightly.
- Coat in BBQ sauce and cook on low for 5.5 hours.
- Crisp up in a very hot oven for 5-10 minutes, rest for 2 minutes, then carve and serve.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think