Submitted by Felicity Barnett
Sweet Sticky Ribs
- 1.5kg Pork Belly Strips/Ribs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp sweet parprika
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Combine stock, spices, garlic and onion stir so it all combines.
- Optional - Place the pork in dish, sprinkle over the sugar and honey. Then pour over the stock mix. Cover and marinate overnight in fridge.
- Place pork in slow cooker bowl and pour marinade over the top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours until falling apart.
- Liquids can be reduced or a tea towel put under the lid for the last hour to make a sticky sauce.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Sweet Sticky Ribs”
I popped my sc’er on high for the last hour (with a teatowel for the last 30 minutes) and that sauce just thickened up so nicely in my 7ltre SC’er
It was AMAZING….
They were sticky & sweet & messy & ‘I shoulda worn a bib’ & a ‘lick your fingers’ kinda dish
By Far – The Best Dish I have cooked in the slow cooker
These were delicious. Just a little too sweet. I added a dash of soy and next time I think I will only use 1/4 cup Brown sugar but still very yummy. Thanks for the recipe.