Submitted by Shelleyrae
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 kg frozen pre- cooked beef meatballs ( I got mine from Coles)
- 1 500g jar sweet and sour cooking/simmer sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red capsicum, cubed
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- Spray or line the slow cooker.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a pouring jug and pour over meatballs, stir gently to coat.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- COOK on LOW for 3 to 6 hours OR on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours
- Substitute chicken or pork meatballs for beef if desired
- Double the recipe for a crowd by using 2kg of meatballs and adding another jar of sweet and sour sauce
- Serve with rice or Asian noodles
- Suitable for 3-5 l slow cooker (double recipe for 7l cooker)
- *NB* - while slow cooking frozen raw meat is never advised, small partially cooked meatballs such as these pre purchased ones will defrost quickly and safely during cooking
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!