Submitted by Shelleyrae
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 kg beef meatballs ( I got mine from Coles)
- 1 500g jar sweet and sour cooking/simmer sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red capsicum, cubed
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- Spray or line the slow cooker.
- Add the meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a pouring jug and pour over meatballs, stir gently to coat.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- COOK on LOW for 3 to 6 hours OR on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours
- Substitute chicken or pork meatballs for beef if desired
- Double the recipe for a crowd by using 2kg of meatballs and adding another jar of sweet and sour sauce
- Serve with rice or Asian noodles
- Suitable for 3-5 l slow cooker (double recipe for 7l cooker)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think