Submitted by Lynn Hastie
Sweet chilli & cheese meatballs
- 1kg beef mince (or mince of your choice, could use lamb, chicken or even kangaroo mince would go well)
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- Cornflour to coat meatballs
- Up to 2 tins 400g tin diced tomatoes (depends on how much sauce you like, I used 1 tin but probably could have used 2)
- 1/3 cup chopped lemongrass
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Good splash of red wine
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Around 400-500g uncooked spaghetti.
- Mix all meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined. Roll mince mixture into small balls, making sure you poke the cheese well inside the meatball.
- Coat meatballs in cornflour and brown in a little oil in a fry pan, but not necessarily cooked right through.
- Transfer browned meatballs to slow cooker.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients except the wine in a mixing bowl and pour over meatballs in slow cooker, then splash the wine over the top.
- Cook for around 4 hours on low, cook spaghetti separately, plate up and serve meatballs over the top.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think