Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Surf and turf
- 4 steaks (I used a topside roast cut into steaks)
- 200 grams squid rings (I used a squid tube and sliced)
- 12 large raw king prawns (peeled and devein, leaving tails on optional)
- 2 large cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper (I used freshly ground pink salt and freshly ground pepper)
- 30 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 cup beef stock (chicken or vegetable can be used)
- 300 mils cream
- 2 chopped shallots
- Season your steaks with salt and pepper. Place in sc and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours. While steaks are cooking put garlic in a bowl with oil and place prawns in, mix gently to coat then refrigerate. Once steaks have been on for the required time, place squid rings in but don't worry too much about how neat they are at this stage. Place prawns on top of steaks so they are out of the meat juices. Cook on low for 40 minutes.
- To make sauce in slow cooker takes 2 hours on high in a sunbeam 5.5L.
- Take prawns out of the oil and place on plate in fridge. Place butter and garlic in sc on high. Once butter has melted add flour and mix well. Add stock and cream and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Put lid on and continue to cook on high until thickens whisking every 15-20 minutes. Stir in 3/4 of the shallots.
- If prefer to make sauce on stove. Place butter and garlic in a medium saucepan and melt butter on medium heat. Add flour and cook for a couple of minutes. Slowly add stock whisking the whole time. Slowly add cream whisking whole time. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cook for 5 minutes stirring. Stir in 3/4 of the shallots.
- To serve. Place steaks on plates and top with a little sauce. Share out squid rings and prawns between steaks and top with a little more sauce. Garish with shallots. I served with salad.
- Steaks and seafood were cooked in a 5.5L cookwell.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think