Submitted by Robyn Clark
Sun-dried tomato Bolognaise with Potato Gnocchi
- Potato Gnocchi:
- 3 medium to large potatoes , l
- 1 egg,
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese ( fresh or powdered)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour + extra
- 1 Kg mince
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of chilli ( add how much you like)
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar Aldi sun-dried tomato sauce ( or make your own with sun-dried tomatoes and tinned or fresh )
- Potato Gnocchi.
- 3 medium to large potatoes , leave skin on and boil under soft.
- When cool , peel off the skin and mash , add 1 egg and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese ( fresh or powdered)
- Place approx 1 1/2 cups plain flour on a board and gradually knead in the potato mix. Add more flour until the dough is just manageable . The trick to good gnocchi is to just add enough flour to roll out into sausage shapes , dough should be slightly sticky. Cut small pillow shapes and place on a lightly floured board.
- To get a good sauce wash the mince in a sieve and break it up. Squeeze out excess liquid .
- Place all ingredients in your SC .
- Cook on high about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the gnocchi and cook with the lid off a further 1/2 hour on high.
- Serve with grated Parmesan on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!