Submitted by Paulene Christie
Strawberry and Sultana Sweet Scrolls
- 2 cups SR Flour
- Pinch salt
- 75g melted butter
- ¾ cup milk (possible up to 1 cup)
- 300g strawberry jam
- 40g box sultanas
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Line your slow cooker bowl with baking paper
- Combine the flour, milk, butter and salt in a mixing bowl and stir until the dough just comes together, if it's too dry and crumbly, add an extra 1/4 cup of milk
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured bench and knead until smooth.
- Roll out the dough into a 20 x 30xm rectangle using rolling pin.
- Spread the jam over the dough, then scatter with sultanas and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough into a long cylinder.
- Cut the roll into 8-10 slices with a sharp knife (they will look like snails when cut). If cutting flattens the scrolls or makes the jam ooze out, reshape them after cutting so they resemble snails.
- Arrange the scrolls flat in a single layer, close together, in the slow cooker.
- Cover, putting tea towel under the lid and cook on high for 1hr 45mins or until scrolls are cooked through. Some slow cookers may need and extra 15-30 mins.
- Serve hot and fresh, or store in fridge and pack for lunchbox treats.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think