Submitted by Amanda Kenwright
Steamed pork buns
- pork roast
- Fresh shredded stir fry veg
- Honey, soy and garlic marinade
- 500g self raising flour
- 400ml milk
- Dash of salt
- Sesame seeds
- Place pork roast in slow cooker (nothing else needed with it at this stage) and cook on low for 8 hours. When done, shred pork and allow to cool (I used leftover slow cooked roast pork)
- Add the marinade and stir fry veg to the shredded pork and mix it.
- In a food processor add the flour, milk and salt and process until a dough forms. Remove the dough to a floured surface and knead a bit, before cutting into 12 equal portions.
- Get a bamboo steamer and line with baking paper, poking holes in the paper with a skewer. Set a half full pot of water to boil.
- Flatten a dough portion out and fill with pork mixture. Wrap dough all around it to form a ball. Place the ball into the steamer. Do this for remaining dough portions.
- Place the steamer over the saucepan (water should not touch the steamer) and steam for 15-20 mins.
- Once cooked, dough will be firm to touch. While still moist, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with a dipping sauce if required.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think