Submitted by Jenny Bolch
Steak, Bacon & Cheese Pie
- 1kg Chuck Steak
- 1tablespoon tomato past
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup gravox (gravy)
- 6 rashers short cut bacon
- 2 sheets short crust pastry (for pie cases)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (for pie lids)
- Grated cheese
- Dice onion and fry off in pan with diced bacon. Sear steak (mine was cut into 4x250 gram pieces) put in slow cooker. Add 1 cup of gravy mix, 1tableapoon of tomato paste and a good splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, turn to low for 4-6 hours. Taking lid off for last hour to thicken gravy.
- Prepare pastry, shred beef, spoon half a cup of filling into short crust pastry in pie cooker top with cheese and seal with puff pastry lid. Cook for 15 mins..
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
5 thoughts on “Steak, Bacon & Cheese Pie”
This may be a silly question but when it says one cup of gravox is that the powder or it mixed up as gravy. Thank you
I would think the mixed up gravy liquid complete 🙂
As a mixed gravy I think. Otherwise it would be gluggy
OMG!!! ,I did 2hrs high and 5.5hr slow. Yum!!! Thank you so much! It came out perfect!
Ok so I did this one, and I adjusted the receipt slightly. So with cooking the meat in my slow cooker I added about 2Litres of beef stock, put my onion and bacon in (already cooked in pan prior) and I just chucked my meat in straight from the packet and I cooked this all on low heat over night. For about 10-12hrs and for the last hour I added 2 cups of gravy powder and the above other ingredients. Depending on how thick you want your mix to how much gravy powder you put in. Let that cook for another 30-60mins and all done! But seriously the best pie I have ever eaten and I’m not a fan of pies but these omg 🤤