Submitted by Robyn Clark
Spinach and Cheese Roly Poly
- Made in a 5.5 Round cooker.
- 8 sheets filo pastry ( makes two rolls, for a larger cooker use 12 sheets, 4 per roll.
- Melted butter
- 1/2 Packet baby spinach
- 1/2 tub ricotta cheese ( about 1 cup)
- 1/2 carton sour cream ( about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- Prepare the filling first . Mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use a pastry brush and brush the filo pastry with the butter . Do 4 and lay on top of each other as you go. Down one side lengthwise , and using half the mixture place the spinach leaves and drizzle the mixture over them. The mixture is runny but the spinach leaves hold it as a barrier. Roll up loosely and work gently so you don't tear the roll. Pinch off both ends to prevent leaks.Place the first roll in your SC on sprayed baking paper and form a snail pattern starting in the centre. Continue the same with the next 4 sheets and filling. Any filling leftover find a space in the cooker and pour it in.
- Cook on high with a tea towel under the lid for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove and brush the top with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven to crunch it up if you want.
- ### if you wish to make this higher and thicker , use more sheets of Filo ###
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think