Submitted by Sharon King
Spicy Thigh Casserole
- 1kg chicken thigh, browned
- 420g tin cream of chicken soup
- 175g diced bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, halved
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tbpn mustard
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 curry powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Large pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper
- Cook on low for 6 hrs
- Remove lid to thicken 30 mins before serving.
- Stir in 1 Tbpn sour cream before serving.
- Serve with mash and green veggies.
- Brown thigh fillets, whole, and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except sour cream to slow cooker and mix well.
- Place fillets on sauce and gently coat with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove lid 30 mins prior to serving, to thicken slightly.
- Stir in sour cream prior to serving.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
7 thoughts on “Spicy Thigh Casserole”
Yummy. I used breast and it was delicious.
Awesome. Loved it
Cooked again today, Still my favourite.
Followed up with golden syrup dumplings.
Is the curry powder meant to say 1/2 teaspoon? Looking forward to trying this 🙂
I think that would make a milk result and given it’s spicy by name it may even be half a tablespoon which would have quite a big kick! I’ll try to find out for you 🙂
Yummy. I went with a bit over 1/2 tbsp of the curry powder and it had a nice spice to it, but not hot. Mine did not thicken though so I might try some corn flour next time. We didn’t care though, it was still really good.
Too much liquid even after taking the lid off for last half hour, that said hubby did say he quite liked it.