Submitted by Tracey Ross
Spicy Mexican Beef
- 1kg beef brisket (or similar)
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 tsp crushed garlic
- 8oz (225g) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp coarse (or any) chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Chop the onion and peppers into large pieces and place into the slow cooker.
- Place beef on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl and spread on top of the beef.
- I usually baste a few times throughout cooking.
- Cook on low for around 8 hours then remove and shred the beef.
- (I remove the onion and peppers and reserve in a bowl at this point as not everyone in my family likes them but would leave them if I could)
- Return shredded beef to the sauce and mix to coat.
- Serve in burritos/tacos or with rice.
- It's as easy as that - enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think