Submitted by Felicity Barnett
- 500g Plain flour (Gluten free)
- 250g Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tspns Bicarb soda
- 2 tblspns Cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn Cloves, ground
- 3 tspns Cardamom, ground
- 250g Honey
- 200ml Milk (Lactose free)
- 2 tblspns butter
- Extra sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Warm milk in microwave and mix with honey.
- Add the honey and milk to dry ingredients.
- Stir well together.
- (Optional - Grease tin with butter and sprinkle it with sugar)
- Pour the mixture in the tin.
- In slow cooker bowl place two egg rings and about 3cm of water.
- Place tin on egg rings in slow cooker bowl.
- Cook on high for 2.5hrs (5.5L Contempo sc).
- Check the cake with a skewer, when the mixture doesn't stick to it, the cake is finished.
- Put the cake on a wire rack to cool.
- Egg, Gluten, Lactose and Soy free
- This also works using regular flour and milk or your usual milk alternative if you need to be dairy free.
- Can also be enjoyed served warm with butterscotch sauce and ice cream (for those that can have).
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think