Submitted by Kylie Smith
Soy wax melts
- 120g ecosoya PB wax flakes
- Roughly 6-8 shavings of lime green dye block ( I grated it on a fine zester and also used proper candle dye.. not food colouring)
- 12mls of fragrance oil of choice which mine was 'alien' (hence the reason it's green)
- Candy thermometer
- Heat water in slow cooker
- (I used a 1.5l on high)
- Weigh up wax and add colour
- Place in a durable device. Something that won't melt. I used a Pyrex jug because it has the pouring spout.. I also considered a stainless steel milk jug
- Put in water uncovered for approx 4 hours or until the wax reaches temp of 65°C (measured with a candy thermometer).
- Add fragrance and when wax cools slightly as it will drop in temp when the smell is added, pour into a 6 pocket clam shell moulds and let set for 24 to 48hr before sealing.
- Not all waxes have the same melt and pour point and some fragrances also use a different fragrance:wax ratio.
- I used 10% fragrance to wax as when I bought them that's what the instructions were.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think