Submitted by Melodie Tapp
- ~Vanilla & Creaming Soda ~
- One Vanilla cake mix pkt
- 250ml of Creaming Soda
- This recipe can be altered to use any flavour of cake mix and soft drink you like
- Pour 250ml of freshly opened Creaming Soda into a bowl with the vanilla cake mix.
- Stir until just combined. Do not over mix. The bubbles help the cake rise.
- Pour into a cake tin or into a 1.5ltr slow cooker. I lined my 1.5 ltr slow cooker with baking paper.
- Put a tea towel under the lid to collect condensation.
- Cook on high for 80 minutes turning the bowl at least once to avoid hot spots.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
8 thoughts on “Softdrink/Soda Cake”
Along with the cake blog – such a great way to make a cake
Just wondering would I make an icing for it when it is done
Love it, I’ve tried a few now. Vanilla cake (gluten free) & Golden Pash or Mango is delicious (:
So easy and so yummy! I added some rose pink food colouring to the cake mix and creaming soda and ended up with a gorgeous hot pink cake. I also used the icing from the packet mix, added a little more rose pink colouring and a small amount of creaming soda and mixed to make creaming soda icing 🙂 Awesome recipe Melody Tapp!
I used box vanilla cake mix and 250ml ginger beer and used packet icing mix with a little ginger beer and omg its was soo delicious, so easy to make with only 2 ingredients this is my kids and hubby’s favorite cake.
I make this cake with SOLO (sugar free) for a hint of lemon with lemon icing. I only used 200mls of solo and still worked a treat. Great little cake
Super easy to make. I opted for a chocolate cake mix with orange soft drink.
I’m very impressed with how it turned out. Will definitely be trying more cominations of flavours.
So if I have a 500gram packet of cake mix how much soda do I use?