Submitted by Imogen Bizilis
Slow Cooked Steak and Mushroom Pie
- 500g diced Casserole Beef,
- 1 diced Onion,
- 200g chopped Swiss Brown Mushrooms,
- 1 1/2 cup Beef Stock,
- Salt, Pepper,
- splash of Worcestershire sauce,
- Corn Flour or Gravox to thicken,
- Puff Pastry
- Put beef, onion, mushrooms, stock, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in slow cooker
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Take lid off slow cooker and turn on high
- Add the corn flour or gravox to the slow cooker and stir.
- Leave cooking on high until sauce thickens, remove some liquid if necessary.
- Cool pie filling.
- Grease pie tin and line with pasty
- Add chilled pie filling to pastry crust.
- Top pie with pastry and crimp edges.
- Brush pastry with egg wash and bake till golden.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think