Submitted by Sage Harvey
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (or other hot pepper sauce)
- black pepper
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- toasted sesame seeds
- cornflour, to thicken
- In a sauce pan add the honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sriracha and season to taste with black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugars have dissolved and the sauce is beginning to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, add the chicken drumsticks and pour the sauce over. Move the chicken around a bit with tongs to coat completely. Put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours, flipping chicken a couple of times during the cooking process. Just before serving, sprinkle with shallots and sesame seeds.
- Serve with steamed white rice and your favorite veggie and devour!
- Optional: once cooked place drumsticks on a baking tray and glaze with marinade, place into a 180 degree pre-heated oven until just going slightly crispy. Put sauce into a small saucepan and thicken with cornflour, pour this on top of chicken to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!