Submitted by Simon Christie
Slow Cooker Play Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tsp food colouring
- Combine flour, salt and cream of tartar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the water, oil and food colouring.
- Pour dry ingredients mix into the slow cooker bowl, add wet ingredients mix and combine thoroughly.
- Place tea towel under lid and cook on HIGH for 45-60mins, stirring often for the first half hour of cooking time, then once or twice for remaining cooking time.
- Dough will be done when it forms and no longer sticks to the sides of your slow cooker.
- You can test this by taking a small amount out, form into ball and cool in freezer for a few minutes. When it's ready this won't stick to your fingers when you handle it. This small test ball can then be returned to the mix.
- Remove complete mix from slow cooker, knead and place in container to cool.
- When cool, store in fridge in your plastic air tight container.
- This makes 1kg of play dough.
- Vary the colours you use to make various coloured doughs. Add glitter for extra sparkle if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!