Submitted by Paulene Christie
Honey BBQ Whole Chicken
- One large whole chicken (mine was 2kg)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Place chicken into slow cooker bowl
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken
- Cook on low for 7hrs
- Spoon/Baste juices over chicken every hour if you are home to do so, this will help to achieve a rich colour by end of cooking
- Use two utensils (eg tongs and slotted spoon) to lift out chicken gently without it falling apart.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!