Submitted by Julie Goodman
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound ( 454 g ) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can ( 28oz/796ml ) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 oz finely chopped green thai chili peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carton ( 900 ml ) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 10 oz frozen corn
- 1/2 black beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine all ingredients ( except chicken )in slow cooker, stir to mix well. Submerge chicken breasts so they are covered in the liquid.
- Cover and cook High for 4-6 hours OR Low 6-8 hours
- Remove chicken breasts, shred, return to cooker and mix through.
- Serve garnished with your choice of sour cream, fresh chopped chives, grated cheese, sliced avocado, or baked tortilla strips.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!