Submitted by Tiffany Huston
Slow Cooker Beef and Red Wine Casserole
- 800g gravy steak, cut into 4cm cubes
- 3 x carrots
- 2 x stick of celery
- 5 x eschallot, if big cut in half
- 4 x garlic, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1&1/2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 Tbsp Gravy Powder
- 1 Tsp Vegemite
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaf
- Season meat & sear for approx 5mins (totally your choice - can just throw in, I have a slow cooker with sear function so it’s easy). Remove to a plate.
- Cook eschallot, carrot, garlic, mushroom & thyme for approx 5 mins. Add wine, cook for 2 mins or until reduced a little.
- Add tomato paste, Vegemite, Worcestershire sauce & 1 x Tbsp of the gravy powder & stir to combine.
- Add stock & wine, bring to a simmer.
- Return beef (or if using a seperate pan to cook these put all ingredients into S.C).
- Cook on low for 6hrs.
- Half hour before ready add the remaining 2Tbsp of gravy powder to thicken.
- I served with garlic mash
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think