Submitted by Jenny Hooper
Slow Cooker Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork
- 1 - 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam (or any jam of choice such as plum or raspberry)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock/broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Trim any excess fat from the pork shoulder and place it in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic vinegar, jam, hoisin, chicken broth, garlic and onion, and then pour the sauce over the pork shoulder. Cover the slow cooker and cook the pork shoulder on LOW for 8 to 9 hours until it is no longer pink and is cooked throughout.
- Using tongs, remove the pork shoulder from the slow cooker (reserving the liquids) and place it on a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the pork shoulder into smaller pieces. Place the pulled pork in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry.
- Transfer the liquids from the slow cooker into a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and whisk in the slurry. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook it until it reduces and has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the pulled pork, tossing to combine.
- Serving suggestion: Serve on fresh bread buns with coleslaw
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!