Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Slow Cooker American Lasagna
- 1lb ground mince (452gms) I just used 500gms
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 24 oz can crushed tomatoes (680gms)
- 12 oz of cottage cheese (340gms)
- 12 oz Farfalle noodles (bowtie) (340gms) can use any pasta or lasagne sheets
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown mince in large pan.
- Add garlic clove and saute for another minute.
- Drain fat from meat.
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup water.
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, mozzarella cheese (keeping cup aside), parmesan and parsley.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Pour 1 cup of meat sauce into slow cooker.
- Put a layer of pasta.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of pasta.
- Repeat layering
- Place one last row of noodles on top of cheese mixture
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours
- Add remaining cheese.
- Cook for an additional 10-20 minutes so that the cheese melts.
- This was done in a 5.5L and would easily feed a family of 4 with nothing else as a side.
- I made a double meat mixture and froze half.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think