Submitted by Lesley
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 2 1/2 pound pork sirloin roast or boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or chili powder
- 3-1/2 cups purchased barbecue sauce
- 10 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin.
- Pour over meat in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour
- Cook on LOW for a further 8 hours.
- Remove roast from cooker (Discard cooking liquid)
- Using two forks, pull meat apart into coarse shreds (Discard fat)
- Return meat to slow cooker.
- Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve meat mixture in rolls.
- As this is a sweet meat sandwich, I added crunchy coleslaw to the rolls. It was a huge success & there was plenty left over to freeze.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think