Submitted by Allie
Slow Cooked Paella
- 500 gm Chicken Thighs
- 125 gm Chorizo Sausage, sliced
- 250 gm Prawns
- 1/2 cup Arborio Rice
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup of White Wine
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Red Capsicum, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Saffron Threads
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, more if you like it spicy
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Parsley
- Lemon wedges and Spring Onion to garnish
- 1. Stir Saffron into chicken stock and let stand for 10 minutes
- 2. Brown Chorizo in frypan for 5 minutes
- 3. Combine Chicken, Chorizo, Onion, Capsicum, Garlic, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper and Salt.
- 4. Stir in Saffron Stock, Wine and Tomato Paste Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- 5. Chicken juices should run clear when pierced and vegetables should be tender.
- 6. Stir in Rice and cook, covered on high until rice is tender and almost no liquid remains, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7. Stir in Parsley and serve with Lemon wedges and Spring Onion garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!