Submitted by Colleen Doughty
Slow Cooked Goat Shanks
- Goat shanks 3 - 4
- 1x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Good splash of Worcester sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- About half a teaspoon dried basil
- 1 chicken stock cube in 200mls hot water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (to thicken sauce)
- Combine 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, Worcester sauce, salt, pepper and dried basil in the slow cooker.
- Dissolve 1 chicken stock cube in 200mls hot water and place into slow cooker.
- Place Goat shanks in and spoon some of the mixture over the shanks.
- Cook on Auto for 7 hours.
- Remove shanks from slow cooker and place to one side.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of cornflour with enough water to make a thin paste and stir into the sauce mix.
- Serve with a sweet potato/potato mash and mixed vegetables.
- Make sure each plate has a generous serve of the sauce.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think