Submitted by Bonita Fuller
Slow Cooked Crispy Pork Belly
- 1 piece of pork belly
- 1 can or bottle of pear cider (or apple if you wish)
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- sea salt flakes
- Pour cider into a large container and place pork belly on top. Place in fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Place onions into base of slow cooker (mine was 6L) and put pork belly on top. Pour cider in being careful not to get any on the rind.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Place pork into a container for 8-12 hours in the fridge and then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Deep fry in hot oil (around 180deg Celsius) until crispy, around 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt while still hot and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!