Submitted by Laura Ivaniva
Slow Cooked Chicken With Cashew Nuts
- 1kg of chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of unsalted cashew nuts
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup of plain flour
- 1 table spoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- Cut up chicken into thick strips.
- Place chicken strips into a bag or bowl add flour and pepper shake or mix until chicken is coated.
- Pop the chicken into a pan with some oil and cook it until the outside is golden. (doesn't need to be cooked through)
- Place chicken into slow cooker, add all of the other ingredients and give it a good mix. I then added about 1 cup of water, mixed it again and turned on at low heat.
- I mixed it about once or twice per hour for approximately 5 hours adding water throughout the day as we like a nice sauce with our food.
- About an hour before you are ready to serve chop up one red capsicum and one red onion, lightly cook in a frying pan then added to the slow cooker.
- Right before I served it up I added the cashew nuts and that was it!!
- You can obviously change this and add some extra vegetables but as the dish already had a lot of flavour I wanted to keep it simple.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!