Submitted by Robyn Clark
Slow Cooked Chicken Pie Filling
- 1 -2 teaspoons minced garlic.
- 1 diced onion
- 3 rashers bacon , diced
- 1 Sachet of soup mix, ( I used chinese chicken and corn)
- 1 tub cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each of paprika and chilli ( optional)
- Grated cheese
- Cornflour to thicken if needed.
- 1 cup mixed vegetables ( whatever veges you like )
- 500 - 800 g chicken ( cut into cube size)
- Fry off the garlic, bacon , onion and mixed vegetables.Add to your SC .
- Add in the sachet of soup mix .
- Mix in the tub of cottage cheese and the paprika and chilli powder .
- Add the cubed chicken and SC for a few hours on low or an hour and half to two hours on high.
- Thicken with a little cornflour if needed.
- Place in a pastry case , top with grated cheese. ( I used a sheet of short crust on the bottom and a sheet of puff on the top) .Brush the top with milk or egg. Bake until pastry is brown.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think