Submitted by Hayley Masters
Slow cook mashed potatoes
- 8 potatoes cut into halves, leave the skin on.
- 1 diced onion
- A small handful of sea salt crystals.
- 1/4 cup of fresh cream
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 60gms of real butter
- Put spuds and onion in the SC and cover in water and cook on high for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the spuds, set into a bowl and cover with icy water. Put the cooked onion back in the SC and turn to low.
- Make a small slice in the skin with a knife and the peel comes off in seconds.
- Add back to the SC and mash to break them down.
- Add real butter, fresh cream and a little milk - and more salt.
- Let them heat a little then beat the hell out of them. Worked like a dream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!