Submitted by Hayley Masters
Slow cook leg of lamb
- Leg of lamb
- 8 over ripe tomatoes
- 4 large carrots, cut to circles
- 4 large zucchinis, cut to circles
- 2 large brown onions, roughly diced
- 500ml red wine, more or less as to taste
- 3 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Plain flour
- Olive oil
- Tin of tomatoes if required
- Cut an X in the top and bottom of each tomato. Place in a large pan and boil until you can peel the skin off, then chop or mash roughly.
- Season flour with salt and pepper and lightly coat the lamb.
- In a hot pan, add the oil then sear the lamb until lightly browned.
- Put lamb in SC.
- In the same pan, deglaze the pan with a splash of red wine, scraping all the browned lamb from the bottom.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots, zucchinis and tomatoes to pan. Pour in the rest of the wine. - This is where you can use that extra tin of tomatoes instead of all the red wine for the sauce. Simmer for 10 mins
- Pour over lamb. Put SC on low and cook for around 8-9 hours.
- Remove the lamb, and a serve of the veggies to be eaten with the lamb.
- Blitz the rest of the veg and juices to make a gravy.
- I serve with sweet potato, potato and onion mash, the cooked veg and fresh bread.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think