Shredded Mexican Beef – great in tacos and other Mexican favourites!
Submitted by Julie-Ann Krawczynski
Shredded Taco Beef
Shredded Mexican Beef - great in tacos and other Mexican favourites!
- 1.5kg chuck steak
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1-2 carrots grated
- 2 onions sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic (we LOVE garlic)
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1cup beef stock
- 2/3 tablespoons of taco seasoning (personal preference)
- plain flour
- olive oil
- Fry off onions and garlic till softened then transfer to slow cooker
- Coat steak in flour and seal off in pan transfer to cooker
- Add tomatoes, stock, seasoning, zucchini and carrots to bowl, stir to combine, pour into slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hrs.
- Take out steak and shred
- Serve with the sauce it cooked in and in tacos/wraps with other fillings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!