Submitted by Paulene Christie
Shredded Chicken Pizza Topper
- 5 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 200ml of your favourite BBQ or BBQ rib style sauce
- 10 single serve pizza bases (we loved bruschetta pizza slices in the bread aisle)
- Pizza sauce
- 1/2 large red onion, thin sliced
- 50g of baby spinach, thin sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- Dried oregano
- Place raw chicken and sauce in your slow cooker
- I used a 1.5L slow cooker and cooked on low for 4hrs or until chicken easily shreds (this may be faster if it's a larger slow cooker you are using)
- Using a slotted spoon remove chicken from slow cooker and shred (discard cooking liquids)
- This shredded chicken can then be stored in the fridge until you are ready to make your pizza - great for meal prep
- To assemble pizzas pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Lay the pizza bases on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread bases generously with pizza sauce, then top with your slow cooked shredded chicken, onion, and spinach. Scatter lightly with cheese and then sprinkle over dried oregano. Cook these pizzas in a hot oven for approx 15mins or until heated through and cheese melts.
- We serve ours with a fresh side salad for healthy and affordable home made pizza night!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!