The cream cheese, spinach and apricot filling gives the perfect creamy yet sweet addition to the chicken 🙂
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Sensational Stuffed Chicken
Simply sensational! The cream cheese, spinach and apricot filling gives the perfect creamy yet sweet addition to the chicken 🙂
- 10 chicken thigh fillets
- ½ block Philadelphia cream cheese (125g)
- 20 dried apricots
- 30 baby spinach leaves (approx. 15-20g)
- Salt and Pepper
- Toothpicks required
- Flatten chicken fillets lightly with a mallet (I do this under a plastic bag so they don’t splatter)
- Cut the half Philadelphia block into 10 slices
- Cut each apricot into halves so you have 40 pcs
- In each flattened fillet place one cream cheese stick, 4 apricot halves and 3 spinach leaves.
- Roll up or fold together into a parcel and secure with 2-3 toothpicks
- Repeat until all ten are filled and secured
- Place these parcels (open side up) into slow cooker
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Cook on low for 5hrs
- Liquid will form during cooking, that’s ok
- Remove toothpicks once plated or leave in place if you prefer
- This recipe also features on page 139 of our book SLOW COOKER CENTRAL - READY SET SLOW! Available on the shop page of this website.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!