Self saucing fruity citrus spiced cake
January 26, 2015
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 40 mins
- Yields: 6-8
1Please note :
2The fruit starts off in the cake mix but it ends up with a lovely light citrusy spiced cake with a spiced fruity sauce beneath
41. Combine butter,sugar and egg and flour in mixer
52. Add the orange extract, lemon extract, mixed spice and cinnamon and mix well.
63. Add the mixed fruit into the mixture and combine well , transfer into slow cooker (no need to grease etc)
84. Combine the orange juice, zest, boiling water and brown sugar. Carefully pour the mixture over the cake mix.
105. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 -2.5 hours or LOW 5-6 hours
126. Serve hot with ice cream or custard
14I used my 3.5 litre slow cooker
Submitted by Louise Finch
Please note that all comments are held in moderation and manually approved. It may be several minutes until you see yours. Please Do Not resubmit your comment during this time.