Submitted by Mrs C
SC Chicken & Leek Pie
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 tin potato & leek soup
- 1 leek diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp French mustard ( any will do )
- Sprinkle dried Thyme
- Sprinkle Cayenne Pepper or chilli flakes ( optional )
- 1/2 tub thickened cream ( about 150ml )
- 1/2-1 Cup frozen peas carrots and corn
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Spray canola oil
- 1. Place chicken, tin soup, leek, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, thyme & cayenne in slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3hrs till chick is cooked.
- 2. Remove chicken and shred using a knife and fork. Put back in SC. Add frozen peas corn carrot mix, along with garlic and cream. Cook on low for a further 30mins or until veg is cooked.
- 3. In the meantime, preheat oven to 200' deg C. Defrost pastry. Spray square baking dish with canola oil. Place 1 sheet puff pastry in dish and bake till golden ( 10-15mins ). Turn and cook other side till puffed and golden.
- 4. Spoon pie filling into dish on top of pastry. Place 2nd sheet of pastry on top and press edges with a fork. Spray with canola spray or brush with butter or egg white. Bake in oven till pastry is puffed and golden. Sever with side salad and enjoy!
- *Vegetables and spices are optional and interchangeable depending on taste preferences.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “SC Chicken & Leek Pie”
I made this back in February but instead of puff pastry I made it with mash potato and cheese on top to melt.. I was delish, my fussy kids ate it and partner had leftovers to take to work.. Will be addin this one to the meal plan again 🙂