Submitted by Geoff Duncan
Savoury Lamb Pie
Lush lamb pie!
- Your choice of lamb cut ( I used lamb leg steaks=600-800grms)
- 2 sheets puff pastry (optional egg to brush on pastry)
- 1 Onion diced/chopped
- 1 Carrot diced/chopped
- 1 Tbls dry mixed herbs
- 1 Tbls semi dried basil
- 1 x 40g Packet French onion soup mix
- 1 Cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-2 handfuls of Baby spinach
- (Gravy powder to thicken)
- Trim excess fat from lamb.
- Place everything, except mixed veg and spinach, in cooker.
- If using similar cut, cook on high for 4hrs or low for 7-8hrs. Add spinach and mixed veg at last 30 minutes.
- At end remove lamb from pot and shred it.
- Add gravy to pot and thicken liquid then replace lamb to pot.
- Line oven dish with puff pastry, pour in contents from pot and cover with another sheet of puff pastry. Place in moderate temp oven and bake till golden, (I brushed with some some egg)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think