Submitted by Kirsty Young
Sausage Layer Casserole
- 2 medium potatoes per person, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 golden kumera, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup peas
- salt & pepper
- 2-3 sausages per person
- 1 420gm can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Grease slow cooker and place veges and rice in layers, in the order given above, lightly seasoning each one as you go.
- Place sausages on top, away from the sides of slow cooker.
- Pour over the can of soup, mixed with 3/4 same can of water, rinsing out the soup residue in can, as you do it.
- Place lid on slow cooker, and cook for High 5 hrs or Low for 8 hrs.
- Just before serving, sprinkle over the cheese, if using.
- NB: this recipe can be adjusted to cater for bigger or smaller numbers of servings and sizes of slow cookers, by varying the quantity of the ingredients. It is a great all-in-one meal, one I adapted from an oven recipe given to my mother some 40 years ago!!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think