My mum taught me this recipe on the stove and I didn’t think it could get any better, until I was introduced to the slow cooker that is!
Submitted by Kaylah James
My mum taught me this recipe on the stove and I didn't think it could get any better, until I was introduced to the slow cooker that is!
- 1kg corned beef/silverside
- 1/2 cup of brown vinegar
- 2 tbsp of mustard sauce
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 large onion quartered
- 4 potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into sticks
- Place Silverside into slow cooker along with vinegar, mustard, sugar, garlic and onion.
- Fill slow cooker with water so silverside is covered.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Place slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours or 5-6 hours on high.
- 3 hours before it's ready, place potato and carrot in with the silverside.
- Serve with corn, cauliflower and greens and cheese, white or mustard sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!