Submitted by Sam Steele
Roast Chicken with Honey, Lemon and Thyme
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon-sliced
- 6 garlic cloves
- piece of chopped ginger
- chili powder
- Rub lemon over chicken skin then place in cavity with ginger and half the garlic.
- Poke holes in chicken breast and poke in slivers of garlic and rosemary.
- Trickle honey over the top and sprinkle with paprika and chili to taste.
- Place in slow cooker breast side up.
- Cook for 4 hours on low and baste again with honey.
- Then cook until done - total 6-8hrs on low
- This produced enough liquid to make 2 cups of gravy.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think